Wednesday 2 April 2014

Dipping my toe into the water

This week I spent my hard earned cash on something I never thought I would... plane tickets to Sydney, Australia. 


Just pause there for a second. Not in a million years would my family or friends expect this of me. It was hugely unexpected and I have one person to thank for taking me out of my comfort zone, my lovely boyfriend Euan.

It all started in a little cafe in the Brighton, North Laines 3 months ago. Both adrift after graduating from university we have struggled to place ourselves with a career path or further education. We dabbled with the idea of taking a Masters and moving to London, but nothing seemed to click. In that little cafe Euan blurted out over tuna sandwiches and chai tea - we could just buy plane tickets to Australia and see what happens there. A little speechless, with a little sparkle in our eyes we grinned at each other. It clicked.


So there it is - 2 economy tickets bought to travel in 10 months time and now the saving saving saving begins.

Expect tales of planning, tribulations and adventures.

gingerblossom

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to travel, especially to Australia so I cannot wait to follow your adventures!

    theamygill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete